Skip to main content

Is Windows XP,a rival for Windows Vista ?

After the release of Windows Vista it is expected that everyone will switch to windows Vista. But even after six months debut of Windows vista still Windows XP sale is much higher than Windows Vista. Even DELL has begun to give choice of Windows XP or Windows Vista.  The question here is WHY ?

Is Windows XP is much better than Windows Vista ? or Is Windows XP is faster than Windows Vista ? or Windows Vista is not so easy as Windows XP ?

Windows Vista is a much better than Windows XP in all the means. By practical experience of me, using Windows Vista at home and Windows XP at Office I feel that Windows Vista is much stable than Windows XP.

Is Windows XP better than Windows Vista ?

No, exactly, but in a way YES. Windows Vista is much advanced platform than Windows XP. The driver database and the support of hardware platform is extremely good. Windows XP had much flaws when it released in early days and it got stabilized well only after Service Pack 2. It still has lot of performance issues. Windows Vista on the other hand is rather NEW to customers and has much more less flaws. There are performance issues which Microsoft is regularly working on updates to fix them. For instance I had SD Card access problem at first which I don't have it now. Second, I had problems when ever I load my Media Center, but after the Media Center Update it works perfectly well. But in a way XP is much better than Vista. It is because of longer existence all most all the software's are by default compatible with  XP where as it is not with Vista. Thus if you are working on lot of third party software's, which we do normally in windows systems, we feel really bad with Vista. Also the some drivers developed are very buggy, for instance the driver developed for fingerprint scanning by LENOVO was not properly compatible with Vista and still has problems. Thus the user get frustrated that they cannot use all the features when they upgrade/use vista. But we can expect that all the vendors will be compatible with Vista by end of this year. There are news that Windows 7 is due in 3 years. So until then the most targeted platform is Windows Vista and hence all the software makers will eventually make it compatible with Windows vista. Many Big companies like COREL, ULEAD, PINNACLE, ACDSEE all issued patches/updates very late after the release of Windows Vista. Now all the vendors I listed here are fully compatible with Windows vista. So Compatibility issue is expected to be resolved by this year.

To add to this, Windows Media Player 11 in Vista looks better and works better than in XP. IE 7 Crashes too often in Windows XP while it does not in Windows Vista. You may go to performance tools to check your system stability monitor. Windows XP suddenly shuts down abruptly and restarts, which i have never experienced so far in Windows Vista.

Is Windows XP Faster than Windows Vista ?

Initially YES, but not LATER. I have observed this behavior with all previous Microsoft Operating Systems. When you install the OS fresh it is damn fast and everything loads v fast. But when you install with other software's, drivers and upon usage, it becomes very slow. Even booting and shutting down is very slow. In my experience I am using less faster system at my home than my office. RAM AND MOTHERBOARD all the same. In fact RAM in my Office is higher than RAM at my home. But the booting time at my office much slower than booting at home, where I have loaded same startup items as home. Initially Windows XP was a winner. But now I have loaded more programs at my home on my Vista machine but that is much faster than Windows XP. Once you have fully compatible software's on vista you can expect your system, not just initially but for long time. There is one real problem that I hate with windows Vista.. it takes too much time to shut down. So Vista will win in long run.

Is Windows XP easier than Windows Vista ?

Probably. But really not. Windows XP appears to be easier because we are used to it for long run. We feel very much easier to go through menus in windows XP. Windows Vista is rather easier than Windows XP. With search feature in Windows Vista everything is much faster to find Windows XP. If you want to find calculator you may just type calc, you may find it and just hit enter key to launch the application and similarly for other applications too.

 

Even with all these the sales growth figures of Windows Vista is lower than Windows XP because people fear to buy a new product. Even some vendors say their programs are not fully compatible with Windows Vista and thus arises problems for consumers. But I would suggest them to go for Windows Vista as it is going to get better and better through updates, get a more updated product than an outdating one. Now almost all hardware's are compatible with Vista and so why worry ... GO FOR VISTA..

 

BARATH..

Popular posts from this blog

Tamil Fonts Collection - தமிழ் கோப்புகள்

Please Visit http://www.barathonline.com/downloads/tamilfonts CADGRAF.ZIP cHANAKYA.ZIP FONTS.ZIP OT-FONTS.ZIP ======================== ============= ================ ============ TAU_Elango_Abirami GIST-TMOTChanakya Tab_Shakti_1 GIST-TMOTAbhirami TAU_Elango_Agasthiyar Tab_Shakti_10 GIST-TMOTAbhirami TAU_Elango_Anjali Tab_Shakti_11 GIST-TMOTAmala TAU_Elango_Arunthathi Tab_Shakti_12 GIST-TMOTAmala TAU_Elango_Asokan Tab_Shakti_13 GIST-TMOTAppar TAU_Elango_Athithan Tab_Shakti_14 GIST-TMOTAppar TAU_Elango_Barathi Tab_Shakti_15 GIST-TMOTChanakya TAU_Elango_Bhoopalam Tab_Shakti_16 GIST-TMOTChanakya TAU_Elango_Cheran Tab_Shakti_17 GIST-TMOTChanakya TAU_Elango_Cholaa Tab_Shakti_18 GIST-TMOTChanakya TAU_Elango_Devi Tab_Shakti_19 GIST-TMOTChandra TAU_Elango_Dhanam Tab_Shakti_2 GIST-TMOTChandra TAU_El

Tamil Monthly Calendar 2011–தமிழ் மாத காலண்டர் 2011

Hi all, Get From Here http://www.barathonline.com/blog/?p=94 or http://www.arbarath.info/?p=173 Happy New Year to all of you. Barath – பரதன்

KMPlayer - one of the Best and Most Versatile Media Player

Official Website for KMPlayer: http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/index.php These days playing media on a computer system is very common. Now a days many people are using computer as a main Media Center and for me it has always been. I always like to any movie VCD or DVD or Other media on my computer system. Now with my Computer LCD Screen is of 22" Size (21" of My TV) I rather avoid watching TV. In future even if I buy a bigger size LCD TV such as 37" I can provide an input to the new TV viz my HDMI port in my computer system or By TV-Out of my Computer System. The reason to use computer system for playback is 1. Easy to use 2. Full Control 3. Can Play anything (almost all video formats). With the widening media formats, some devices support one type of format, others the other one. Now coming to the topic, I have been using Winamp earlier to play mp3 Songs, after which I totally switched to Windows Media Player from Version 8 onwards. I found that Windows Media Playe